Based in the darkest jungles of Sydney, Australia
22 May, 2014
Like explosions? Love giant, flying, undead sharks? Then OTTTD is the game for you for you! Alternatively, if you’d like a strategy game that cleverly blends TD and RTS genres for a tactical challenge across an action-packed campaign then OTTTD will scratch that itch.
We describe OTTTD as “Spaceballs meets Starship Troopers” wrapped in a tasty TD game shell. But anyone under 30 has no idea what Spaceballs is (their loss) so we fall back on “It’s an anything-goes TD game that doesn’t take itself seriously.”
OTTTD stands for Over The Top Tower Defence. But we thought that was obvious :)
The year is 2136. You work for HEROCORP™, the universe’s 4th largest private military force. Your job is to “preemptively defend” the Earth against alien dimensions. As long as you complete the missions under budget and fill out the TPS reports in triplicate, everything goes smoothly.
Dimensional travel is facilitated by HEROCORP™ rift technology, which is kinda like Stargate but we’re hesitant to throw that in the mix when we’ve already mentioned Starship Troopers.
Is pre-emptively defending Earth ethical? Who cares when the money’s good!
Our first proper game release. Originally titled EpicTD, then TDTDTD before settling on the much more fitting OTTTD.
- 2 unique dimensions. Steamcrust (steampunk/crustaceans), nightmare (horror/zombie)
- 25 story levels + several "endless" mode levels with more to come.
- 7 unique hero classes, with skill trees, armor and special abilities, and over 40 crazy weapons to choose from.
- Only game with a giant shark (damn you dice! We’re still the only game with a psionic fish tank!)
- Epic boss battles, including a kraken, flying zombie shark boss and giant war tortoise.
- Unique tempa-death™ system, ensures you’ll care when a hero dies. Dead heroes go into the cloning bay for a set period of time.
- Full of goodness. 115% of your RDI of vitamin lol, gibs and explosions.
- Original soundtrack. Composed exclusively for the game by batterie music.
- Funny voices, comic voices by newgrounds superstar Ricepirate.
Steam Launch Trailer YouTube
Meet The Soldiers of OTTTD YouTube
PewDiePie plays OTTTD YouTube
Intro Cinematic YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "OTTTD: Winner Best Other Game" Intel Level Up, 2014
- "OTTTD: Best of May" App Store,2014
- "OTTTD: App of the Year Editor's Choice" IndieDB ,2014
4.5 stars! With an impressive melding of traditional TD and action-RPG elements, all of my expectations as to what it had to offer were happily exceeded.
- Eric Ford, Touch Arcade
Editor's Choice App of the Year
- TkAZA, IndieDB
- "Wonderfully Wxcessive! 8/10"
- Matt Thrower, Pocketgamer
- "Smartly blending tower defence, traditional RTS, and a sense of humour, OTTTD should appeal to all strategy fans. 4/5"
- App Spy, App Spy
Available from Batterie Music batterie.com.au.
Polycount Thread on the art of OTTTD
Detailed breakdown of the 3D that went into the game polycount.com.
About SMG Studio
SMG is dedicated to producing games for mobile, desktops and consoles.
What does S.M.G stand for? Small Medium Giants? Sensible Motorcycle Gang? Six Million Gorillas?! We could tell you, but where's the fun in that?
More information on SMG Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Game Design & Developer, SMG
Game Designer, SMG
3D & Technical Assistance, SMG
Executive Producer, SMG
Executive Producer, SMG
QA & Testing
Original Score, Batterie
Mick Laur (Ricepirate)
3D Modelling & Animation Assistance
Level Design & Testing
Brian Neong San