Based in the darkest jungles of Australia
Out Now! / July 13th on Nintendo Switch
Death Squared is a cooperative puzzle game for 1, 2 or 4 players, best enjoyed with loved ones who don't mind a little arguing for the greater good.
Prove your teamwork skills in Death Squared as you solve puzzles together or die trying! Each player needs to guide a robot to a colour-coded goal, but the path is beset with deadly traps and hazards. Teams of players will need close observation and communication to keep each other alive and discover a solution together.
Complete the main campaign in single player or with two players, then take a group into four-player Party Mode for the ultimate teamwork trial! For those that can't get enough, head to the 'Vault' to find extra experiments recommended only for the brave.
The original prototype originated at the 2015 48 hour Global Game Jam, themed “What do we do next?”
- The perfect puzzle gateway game for you to play with your "non-gamer" partner
- 1 or 2 Player 'teamwork' story mode with 80 challenging levels
- 2 or 4 player party/chaos/family mode with 40 insane levels
- 10+ hrs of puzzling co-op gameplay
- Includes 30 "Vault" 2 and 4 player levels for those who want an even bigger challenge. Deemed too hard for the main game with more coming post launch for FREE!
- best enjoyed in couch co-op with a friend or three sitting by your side, enabling you to cover each other’s back or simply just trash talk them when they die unnecessarily.
- Play by yourself in "Lonely Co-op" mode if you can't find a co-op partner. It's definitely a harder challenge, like patting your head and rubbing your belly at same time!
Death Squared Reaction Trailer YouTube
Death Squared Platforms Trailer YouTube
Death Squared for Nintendo Switch - Budget Trailer YouTube
Death Squared *Red Band* Trailer YouTube
Death Squared on Nintendo Switch™ : Beard Bros. trailer YouTube
Death Squared Tears Kinda Funny Apart YouTube
Polygon Video Preview YouTube
Muyskerm Let's Play YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "If we're gonna declare anything as game of PAX this is the one."
- Sam Machkovech, ArsTechnica
- "This Game is Awesome! Teamwork makes the dream work."
- Greg, Colin, Nick and Tim, Kinda Funny
- "It's challenging, but in a way that can be understood by anyone from a hardened puzzle fan to kids and grandparents."
- Colin Campbell, Polygon
- "If you have a girlfriend or a boyfriend who wasn’t into gaming, this is the game to play with them."
- CJ Andriessen, Destructoid
- "Death Squared is all about observation and teamwork - it facilitates a social experience in front of a tv, people of all ages are able to play together"
- Miles Martignoni, The Guardian
- "A game entrenched with all the satisfaction and frustration you’d expect to either galvanise a team, or tear apart fragile alliances"
- Hayden Waugh, Power Up Gaming UK
- "One of the most fun things I played on the show floor"
- Tom Marks, PC Gamer Show
- "I get asked a lot to recommend co-op games that don't involve shooting. You want Death Squared."
- Susan Arendt, GamesRadar+
- "Put your hand-eye coordination and relationship to the test with Death Squared."
- Stephen del Prado, Player2
- "This game is an absolute blast to play. 10/10 would die again. "
- DecoyEC, The Sebie
- "Various obstacles, such as lasers or blocks, were harmless to the same color-attuned robot, but would instantly kill the color-opposed robot. We had to communicate in order to carry out trust exercises."
- Tally Callahan, Co-Optimus
- "No matter what, you are going to kill each other many, many times."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
- "It may result in divorces and broken friendships, but so fun!"
- Neha Tiwari, Gamespot
- "if you loved Portal, you'll love Death Squared"
- 2old2play, 2 Old 2 Play
- "A simple concept with significant levels of challenge. Best played with a couch full of frazzled relatives who keep forgetting which robot they are."
- Sam Quirke, True Achievements
- "Death Squared is the apex of addiction. Something deceptively simple looking but you won’t be able to put down once you invest in its challenge. "
- Davey Nieves, Comics Beat
- "if puzzling’s your thing, save some room on your Nintendo Switch for this one!"
- Robert Workman, WWG
- "Death Squared is one of the most promising multiplayer titles for Nintendo Switch. Cooperative action is fundamental!"
- Alberto Millán, Nintenderos
- "Through teamwork and cooperation, you and your friends need to solve the devious puzzles or die trying."
- Emily Sowden, Pocket Gamer
About SMG Studio
SMG is dedicated to producing games for mobile, desktops and consoles with original and licensed IP.
What does S.M.G stand for? Small Medium Giants? Sensible Motorcycle Gang? Six Million Gorillas?! We could tell you, but where's the fun in that?
More information on SMG Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Squared Credits
Hazim Abdul Hamid
Console Port Developer
Voice actor and Funny Guy