Based in the darkest jungles of Sydney, Australia
March 14 2017
DEATH SQUARED is multiplayer puzzle game about cooperation, communication, and robot explosions.
"Like Overcooked meets Portal 2" or "Like putting together IKEA furniture without the instructions"
- 2 Player teamwork story mode with additional single player and 4 player modes.
- 10+ hrs of puzzling co-op gameplay
- 80x 1/2 player story levels
- 40x 4 player party/chaos/family levels
- 30x "Vault" levels. Deemed too hard for the main game with more coming post launch for FREE!
- Play by yourself in "Lonley Co-op" mode if you can't find a co-op partner
- The perfect gateway game for you to play with your "non-gamer" partner
Death Squared Platforms Trailer YouTube
Death Squared Tears Kinda Funny Apart YouTube
Polygon Video Preview YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "If we're gonna declare anything as game of PAX this is the one."
- Sam Machkovech, ArsTechnica
- "Death Squared is all about observation and teamwork - it facilitates a social experience in front of a tv, people of all ages are able to play together"
- Miles Martignoni, The Guardian
- "A game entrenched with all the satisfaction and frustration you’d expect to either galvanise a team, or tear apart fragile alliances"
- Hayden Waugh, Power Up Gaming UK
- "One of the most fun things I played on the show floor"
- Tom Marks, PC Gamer Show
- "I get asked a lot to recommend co-op games that don't involve shooting. You want Death Squared."
- Susan Arendt, GamesRadar+
- "Put your hand-eye coordination and relationship to the test with Death Squared."
- Stephen del Prado, Player2
- "This game is an absolute blast to play. 10/10 would die again. "
- DecoyEC, The Sebie
- "Various obstacles, such as lasers or blocks, were harmless to the same color-attuned robot, but would instantly kill the color-opposed robot. We had to communicate in order to carry out trust exercises."
- Tally Callahan, Co-Optimus
- "No matter what, you are going to kill each other many, many times."
- Jacob Wood, Indie Hangover
- "It may result in divorces and broken friendships, but so fun!"
- Neha Tiwari, Gamespot
- "if you loved Portal, you'll love Death Squared"
- 2old2play, 2 Old 2 Play
About SMG Studio
SMG is dedicated to producing games for mobile, desktops and consoles.
What does S.M.G stand for? Small Medium Giants? Sensible Motorcycle Gang? Six Million Gorillas?! We could tell you, but where's the fun in that?
More information on SMG Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Squared Credits
Hazim Abdul Hamid
Voice actor and Funny Guy